Director of Marketing - NYC
Daybreaker is a Brooklyn-based social enterprise and morning dance and wellness move-ment in 23 cities around the world with a community of 500K+ and growing. Our bread and butter are weekday morning events that start with a one hour yoga + fitness experience followed by a 2-hour dance party all before going to work. We are a substance-free community and are reimagining how humans socialize (in the morning / without alcohol or drugs). We are experience designers and community builders with a results-oriented management team that is set on building a lasting movement that solves a major societal problem: loneliness and isolation. Ultimately, our goal is to invite more play, more community, and more belonging.
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading all of Daybreaker’s marketing initiatives, including creating and executing marketing strategy, online promotions and materials, media partnerships, influencer partnerships, community member acquisition, loyalty programs, digital advertising and branding, and more. The Director of Marketing is ultimately responsible for driving ticket sales at all Daybreaker locations and thinking through how to reach aligned community members and partners to join our movement.
- Develop and activate the strategic marketing plan to increase ticket sales and revenues.
- Analytics experience with A/B testing and setting KPIs for success
- Manage all internal and external marketing and promotional efforts including community relations, public relations, event collateral, information sharing and ensures brand and community messages are consistent.
- Work with graphic designer to create content for print, electronic and digital media, including email newsletters, flyers, promotions and signage.
- Develop cross-promotions with relevant businesses that share the Daybreaker values and complement our mission.
- Work with Community Catalysts in each city to develop and execute marketing and community building strategies.
- Manage outside consultants including PR & Social Media.
- Oversee and manage the Daybreaker website, mobile website, and social media accounts.
- Conduct focus groups to understand and identify our community profiles.
- Increase ticket sales in each city through smart marketing / community partnerships.
- Increase awareness and advocacy for Daybreaker through outreach to community organizations, influencers, and local partners.
- Create “buzz” for Daybreaker
- Create innovative marketing campaigns around new city launches and existing cities.
- Coach and motivate city teams to convey the brand, story, and world-class community experience.
- 4 years+ of similar experience (email marketing / events / startup / influencer marketing / social media marketing / ticket sales / community building).
- Leadership or supervisory experience required.
- Background and passion for the wellness industry.
- Strategic thinker.
- Can work in a fast-paced startup culture on a tight budget (getting stuff done yourself, limited support staff).
- An outgoing, connecting personality capable of winning others over.
- Ability to execute on multiple initiatives – close attention to detail.
- Ability to work and execute autonomously.
- Analytics and data driven marketing experience is required.
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus.
- Wants to own marketing and building a brand from the ground up.
- Experience with strategies to drive “traffic” and “feet in the door.”
- Deep connections with people/brands/communities who’d be inspired by Daybreaker’s mission.
- Design skills a plus.